Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baby Alive



The Baby Alive has been on the Christmas list for 2 years now. I have avoided it,went down other aisles at the store, anything I could think of. Because here are two cold hard facts:
1. I potty train living BREATHING children for a living
and
2. I just got my youngest out of diapers (in a timeframe that took way too long IMO)

SO my aunt buys her the doll (of course! Love YOU) and I swiftly put it in the closet with a few otehr toys to wait for the newness of Christmas to wear off on the other toys. Monday the light bulb goes off in Courtneys brain and I find myself sitting in the middle of my living room cuttingstring untwisting twisty ties and pulling Baby Alive and all her contents out. This doll talks, cries, POOPS and PEES and eats and drinks and sleeps and wakes up. It been good times UNTIL the morning. The dialog went like this for 2 days(before i startegically waited for courtney to go to bed and placed the baby out of sight being the smart mama that I am)
Me: Courtney time to get up Get your clothes on please
Courtney: Ok Mommy!
(me thinking WOW thats weird she never gets up so easily)
I happily go about gettig Drew and myself ready and am ready to leave when I towards her room and hear a slurping noise. Opening hte door I discover my daughter sitting in the middle of her bed NOT dressed feeding a DOLL.

I obviously express my concern and she looks at me exasperated and says "But MAMA it is baby ALIVE see it says ALIVE if I dont feed it it will DIE!"

Repeat on day 2

I have also had to hear about the doll dying when I try to get groceries , gas or go to church after work.

I am reminded why I stopped at 2 kids!

No comments: