Tuesday, January 13, 2009

excitement!

2009 is going to be a great year for me and my family. I will have a beautiful niece to be born! NO diapers to change (PTL!) and a chance to impact single parents in our church! I have a job a perfect for me house 2 gorgeous kids and a wonderful family (church and friends included!) surrounding me. How could I ask for more??? I am setting a few goals for myself this year that I hope to be consistent with!

here they are because i know you are wondering:
1. Becoming more of a prayer warrior by keeping a prayer journal and praying with it daily.
2. Adding savings to my BofA acct (BAD ME i know!)
3. Visiting my sister more often (at least every other month)
4. Practicing what I preach with others kids consistently with my own.
5. organizing my house the right way!

How will I do all these things??
well 1 is coming along perfectly, and #2 is a pretty quick fix!
#3 should be accomplished by me just doing it. I am very busy working (3- YEA IM CRAZY! JOBS) But I have to remember to upkeep my relationships. (and of course remind my lukey i am his favorite aunt!)
#4 ugh this one will be the hardest. It is SO hard being mama and dada and finding that balance of discipline and time to be loving and caring. More so with my son than daughter as she has her dad around to take a little of the burden off of me. During a conversation about raising kids I truly felt the Lord speaking to me telling me Raising your kids is your most important job! They are my most precious gift to you besides grace and if you do not hold to your responsibilities of raising them in My ways you will answer for it. It really convicted my heart and we are changing a few things at home to fix it. There have been alot of battle of the wills testing my new set up boundaries though! (bring on the Advil :) )
#5 If you know me you know God did NOT give me the gift of housekeeping. Or car-keeping for that matter! I am working on both. I can now say that you could drop by at anytime and i wouldn't be making a mad dash to clean. There might be dishes in the sink and a bathroom trash that needs to be emptied and you will DEFINITELY step over a few toys but I have gotten much better about spending 20 minutes each night tidying up which has helped SO much!

I fells asleep at 10 and woke back up now i feel as if I am wide awake. More posts to (hopefully) put me back in the sleepy mood!

2 comments:

kjames106 said...

what is bofA??

You know he has another favorite aunt!!

Anyway, I wanted to make a resolution to come down there too. I actually might come down there soon to visit Ashley in the hospital (the pastor's wife with twins). I'll let you know!

Kim said...

he only has ONE favorite aunt :p bofa is bank of america sheeshhh sis!!! get with the times (hehehe I actually just learned that that's is nickname the cool kids use :) )