Monday, January 19, 2009

Laughter

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.

and here is mine:
My son just last week has been scared of the scary bunny. he kept seeing it through our house and i could not for the life of me think of any show or book he read with even a NICE bunny in it. Cue saturday morning....the bunny is here its in teh kitchen!! bleary eyed i walk into the kitchen and see a fairly large.... MOUSE!!! Now he tells everyone i see mouse but it was a bunny now its a mouse then mama threw it away. (which i did. sorry mouse lovers!)

and one about courtney:
Courtneys dad is catholic. His grandmother passed away and he wanted courtney at all the services I compromised and allowed the viewing (remembering my mama's baptist viewing where she was in a room and you could chose whether or not to go in) I forgot about the rosary and catholic traditions. I digress. Courtney is sitting by her aunt and asks to go sit by her grandma. Her aunt sasy sure keeping her head bowed participating in the rosary when you hear Courtney talking loudly its ok grandma you are with Jesus now and everyone looks up to see courtney climbing IN THE COFFIN! When she said grandma her aunt assumed she meant her mom not her moms mom who had passed who is in fact courtneys great grandma!! Lesson learned even a viewing is not for children!!!!

2 comments:

Sam (antha) said...

I think funerals are personal and dependent on the kids and families. I had brought my three children to the viewings and funerals for my father in law. It was a bit stressful at times, but it was important that the kids had the opportunity to express their own grief. Not that this is the right way or the only way, just my way I suppose. Nessa had a moment similar to your daughters and could't seem to let go of her grandpa's hands. She just wanted to hold him a little while longer. Thank god Eric and Scott(from church) were there to send the kids back our way when the needed to regroup and get a way for a moment. Funerals are definitely intense:)

Good luck with the bunny's:)

DyessFam said...

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the Beatrix Potter animated movies? They have nice bunnies in them, even though they do get into trouble a bunch. :) As for the funeral thing... you know, I must say that I think children a lot of times have a better perspective on death than adults. In their innocence, death is not a scary or morbid thing and if the person is God's child, then the death is not sad, its just Jesus calling that person home. My son, Braden, got to go view my husband's grandmother's body when no one else was at the funeral home and his cousin who is 3 years older got to explain to him about how Jesus called her home and that her outer body had died, but her inner body (spirit) went to be with Jesus. It was so sweet and then he got to touch her hands and feel that they were cold and he wanted to touch her several more times before we went to the funeral. It was really a neat experience. Okay, thus ends my monologue...:p